- Full time
- Limassol, Cyprus
- @Uniteam Recruitment Services posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 27/10/2023 -Accepting applications
Job ID 13968
Career Level Junior
Experience 2 Years +
On behalf of our Client, a leading shipowner, and ship management company, we are looking for a Procurement Officer for their offices in Limassol, Cyprus.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Renders procurement services to the fleet team in which the procurement officer is embedded. Close cooperation with the superintendents.
- Responsible to process the procurement requisitions from the vessels, taking into account the procurement policy of the company and superintendents’ advice.
- Continuously strives to optimize the procurement processes in order to come to the best price/quality ratio of goods/services purchased.
- Contributes to the annual vessel budget and assists to reduce the administrative costs involved in ordering the goods/services.
- Collaborates with the logistics team to ensure shipment of spares, stores and consumables in a timely manner.
- Within the given authority levels, checks and approves invoices and settles claims/ disputes with suppliers.
- Supports reporting for Third Party Owners.
- Rates suppliers basis price/performance criteria.
- Previous experience as a procurement officer in the shipping industry is necessary
- Sound understanding of procurement and logistics processes
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence when dealing with people often in difficult circumstances
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Experience in using PMS software solutions
- Attractive remuneration package
- 13th salary
- Provident fund
- Medical insurance for employees and family members
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible working hours
- Continuous personal development and training opportunities