Payment Operations Officer
- Full time
- Limassol, Cyprus
- @Pepperstone posted 2 months ago
- Posted : 27/12/2023 -Accepting applications
Job ID 14752
Career Level Middle
Experience 2 Years +
The Pepperstone story started in 2010. We know what it’s like to trade the world’s markets. Our team describes us as a place for the curious and the driven, and we like to do things a little differently; as a transformative global fintech, we’re digital, nimble, connected, and united in our vision to create a better way to trade.
We thrive on progress – for our clients and for ourselves. Our organizational culture is ever-evolving, vibrant, diverse, global, and results-focused. You’ll find our 350+ team currently across 9 locations and time zones.
Our Payment Operations Officer is responsible for ensuring smooth, accurate, and timely responses to client and internal team queries. Day-to-day, you will assist in processing deposits and withdrawals, support the team with client money reconciliations, and liaise with banks and third-party payment providers. This role also plays a key part in identifying potential money laundering and fraudulent transactions and escalating them to our compliance team.
To thrive in this role, you’ll be curious, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and recognize the key role you’ll play in the client experience.
As our Payment Operations Officer, your key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Allocating funding and processing withdrawals promptly, keeping clients informed
- Communicating with banks and payment providers to ensure smooth transactions
- Monitoring and responding to client inquiries in a timely and accurate manner
- Conducting AML checks and monitoring transactions for fraud
- Escalating any AML, TF, or fraud concerns to the appropriate team
- Submitting Unusual Activity Reports and handling card fraud cases
- Upholding compliance policies and conducting name matching for third-party transactions
- Handling chargeback disputes and maintaining effective communication with stakeholders
- Clear and responding to emails, messages, and requests in a timely manner
- Assisting in payment provider reconciliation and processing cash adjustments and transfers
- Supporting continuous improvement efforts and updating the internal knowledge base
- Reporting IT issues and providing information to Compliance and payment providers
- Completing required training modules and verifying bank statements
- Ensuring completion of assigned tasks within the business day
- Proficiency in English and any additional languages is a great advantage
- Schedule flexibility, including weekly/monthly shift rotations, may be implemented based on department requirements
- A background in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related fields is preferred but not obligatory
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication abilities, enabling effective communication with teams, and customers
- Aptitude for maintaining a meticulous focus on detail and accuracy
- Strong problem-solving aptitude and a dedication to continuous process enhancements
- Exceptional time management skills, coupled with the ability to stay composed under pressure
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- A keen desire and commitment to ongoing learning and professional development
Why you will enjoy working with us
- Competitive salary structure including company bonus scheme
- Genuinely collaborative and friendly culture
- Flexible and hybrid working
- Remote working option – work from anywhere for up to 6 weeks per year
- Ongoing personal development & learning opportunities
- 3 paid volunteering days per year & Workplace Giving Program
- Periodic recognition and reward programs for outstanding performance and achievements
- Frequent events and celebrations
- Comprehensive medical insurance with coverage for your healthcare needs
- Pension fund
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellbeing Initiatives
- Convenient and cozy office located near the Limassol Municipal Garden
More About Pepperstone
We’re a regulated online Forex and CFD trading platform. With the scale of a global fintech and the agility of a start-up, we arm our clients with everything they need to take on the global markets with confidence. You will be part of a wider passionate and friendly team, and whilst things may not always go to plan, we learn quickly and move forward with impact. To learn even more visit Pepperstonecareers.com and www.linkedin.com/company/pepperstone/
We understand it’s important to do due diligence on a prospective employer, and see what our team is saying on Glassdoor. We respect our team members’ experiences and will never pay to remove a negative review.
Pepperstone is an equal-opportunity employer. We are passionate about building a diverse workplace and strongly encourage applications from any background.
“We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we respond to every applicant”.
We will be reviewing applications as they come through, so if this is an opportunity that excites you, don’t wait. Express your interest by clicking the apply button below as soon as possible.