Job ID 12816
Career Level Junior
Experience 2 Years +
Job Summary:Supports the licensed healthcare team in performing office examinations and procedures by organizing and managing clinic patient flow, gathering and documenting patient screening data, assist with patient and family education and communication with patient’s health care team.Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of diverse individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning, and leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.Sign-On Bonus Requirements:The sign-on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past twelve months. The sign-on bonus is only available for full-time positions.Key Responsibilities
- Directs and supports patient flow as well as unit operations by maintaining supplies, equipment and unit environmental standards.
- Facilitates identification of resources to meet patient healthcare needs.
- Performs/assists with procedures according to organizational/departmental standards.
- Collects and documents patient screening data for the healthcare team.
- Assists with patient and family education.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- Planning & Organizing (Fundamental Awareness): Demonstrates ability to anticipate basic resource needs, identify discrete tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work for own assignments and responsibilities. Appropriately matches equipment, and capital resources to task demands. Prepares and presents clear and accurate status reports on projects and assignments.
- Clinical Competencies (Novice): Demonstrates sufficient fundamental proficiency to assist and perform clinical care including but not limited to vital signs, phlebotomy, specimen collection, medication administration and point of care testing as directed by unit standards.
- Environment of Care (Novice): Demonstrates sufficient fundamental proficiency with set up and maintenance of patient exam room, supplies and equipment.
- Clinical Patient Documentation (Fundamental Awareness): Has limited experience or training working with clinical applications for patient documentation.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/DisabledOur clinical and nursing support roles are at the center of all we do, helping us be the world leader in advancing personalized health. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt Health for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose. We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce.Core Accountabilities:
- Organizational Impact: Performs tasks that are typically routine that may impact team’s performance with occasional guidance. * Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Utilizes some discretion and research to solve routine problems. * Breadth of Knowledge: Applies knowledge of standards, established processes and procedure that apply to your own job. * Team Interaction: Provides guidance to entry level co-workers.
Core Capabilities :Supporting Colleagues : Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues’ priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner. Delivering Excellent Services: – Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns in a timely manner. – Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support. Ensuring High Quality: – Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards. – Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department. Managing Resources Effectively : – Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service. – Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources. – Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error. Fostering Innovation : – Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them. – Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action. – Adapts to Change: Embraces changes by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.Position Qualifications:Responsibilities:Certifications:Work Experience:Relevant Work ExperienceExperience Level:Less than 1 yearEducation:Graduate of an approved discipline specific program