Job ID 10080
Experience 2 Years +
Academic Level BachelorMasters
SquaredFinancial is looking to hire a Head of Legal and Compliance.
- AML/Due diligence/KYC procedures
- Implement and manage an effective legal compliance program.
- Develop and review company policies.
- Advise management on the company’s compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Create and manage effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.|
- Regularly audit company procedures, practices, and documents to identify possible weaknesses or risk.
- Assess company operations to determine compliance risk.
- Ensure all employees are educated on the latest regulations and processes.
- Resolve employee concerns about legal compliance.
- Responding to compliance enquiries
- Performing regular monitoring to ensure that standards are adhered
- Prepare applications, notifications, and record updates for the Cyprus Securities & Exchange Commission (CySEC)
- Ensure that the firm fulfil their annual obligations and license conditions
- Manage the Company’s ongoing national and international legal matters.
- Instruct and coordinate assigned law firms on the handling of legal proceedings and other legal matters.
- Act as the liaison between the Company and external law firms.
- Review work produced by external legal advisers, provide feedback, guidance, corrections, and internal advice.
- Provide direct support and material assistance to law firms assigned to handle the Company’s legal matters.
- Perform internal investigation and evidence-gathering to support legal proceedings.
- Perform analysis of legal texts, court documents, laws and regulations and assist law firms handling legal matters.
- Provide detailed situation reports and updates to BOD on all matters being handled.
- Perform risk assessments, threat exposure assessments to issue alerts and advise on course of action.
- Manage, coordinate, and handle complaints and claims, including settlement negotiations and court proceedings.
- Handle legal matters and claims in a pre-litigation context.
- Handle all interaction of the Company with judicial and executive branches of Governments
- Legal academic background – Postgraduate diploma required from high-ranking UK or other English-speaking University.
- Fluent in English and Greek both oral and writing
- Deep understanding of CySEC regulations, AML/Due diligence/KYC procedures
- Outstanding Legal English writing skills. Candidates must demonstrate ability to produce legal texts of the highest quality, equivalent to the level required by a practicing barrister or solicitor in the UK or other English-speaking jurisdiction.
- Excellent knowledge of EU and international law
- Very good knowledge of fundamental rules of evidence
- Very good knowledge of the financial services sector, regulations, and legislation
- Very good knowledge of civil procedure, litigation, enforcement orders, injunctions
- Very good high-level and low-level management and coordination skills
- Ability to track multiple cases across different jurisdictions and coordinate different law firms
- Ability to investigate and obtain evidence as required for the successful handling of ongoing litigation.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, make risk-benefit evaluations and develop action plans
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in similar position
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Flexible working environment
- Development opportunities in a fast-growing environment, continuous training, and support
- Participation in the Company’s Group Medical and Provident Scheme