Job ID 12884
Career Level Senior
Experience 5 Years +
A. Market Entry Strategy:
- Conduct thorough market research to identify opportunities, competition, and potential risks in the Japanese market.
- Develop a comprehensive market entry strategy, including market positioning, target segments, and market penetration plans.
- Collaborate with the management team to define business objectives and align strategies accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and legal requirements.
B. Business Development:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, partners, and clients in Japan.
- Identify potential business opportunities, negotiate contracts, and secure strategic partnerships to drive growth.
- Monitor market trends, customer needs, and competitor activities to continuously refine the business strategy.
- Drive revenue growth by achieving sales targets and expanding the customer base.
C. Office Setup and Staffing:
- Establish the company’s physical presence in Japan by setting up an office and ensuring all operational requirements are met.
- Recruit, hire, and train a high-performing team, including sales, marketing, operations, and support staff.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment, promoting teamwork, collaboration, and professional development.
- Provide ongoing coaching and support to team members, ensuring their performance aligns with company goals.
D. Financial Management:
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the Japanese operations, ensuring efficient allocation of resources.
- Monitor financial performance, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective measures as necessary.
- Prepare regular financial reports and forecasts for the executive team, highlighting key metrics and progress towards targets.
E. Cross-functional Collaboration:
- Collaborate closely with internal teams, including product development, marketing, and operations, to ensure alignment with global strategies.
- Act as a liaison between the Japanese market and headquarters, providing feedback, insights, and recommendations for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international business, or a related field (advanced degree preferred).
- Proven experience in a leadership role within the Japanese market, preferably as a Country Manager or General Manager.
- In-depth knowledge of the Japanese business environment, culture, and market dynamics.
- Strong track record in successfully launching and scaling businesses in Japan.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with a proven ability to build and motivate high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with fluency in both English and Japanese.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to develop and execute business plans.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Understanding of legal and regulatory requirements for operating a business in Japan.
If you are a dynamic and results-driven professional with a deep understanding of the Japanese market, we invite you to join our team as the Country Manager for Japan. Together, we will make a significant impact in expanding our business and achieving long-term success in this strategic market.