Job ID 13113
Career Level Middle
Experience 2 Years +
About The AML Officer RoleThe AML role plays a crucial role in preventing and detecting potential money laundering within our organisation. As the AML Officer you pay close attention to ensure identification and due diligence of our merchants, acting as a gate keeper to identify risks related to prevention of illegal conduct.Job Responsibilities:
- Perform AML Department’s duties, tasks and responsibilities related to monitoring the activity of the client.
- Identify and assess risks related to prevention of criminal and illegal conduct and exposure to fraud and crimes of the operations of the Company and suggest solutions of risks elimination or minimisation.
- Utilise various tools, software, and data sources to analyze financial transactions, customer profiles, and behavior to identify unusual patterns, red flags, and potential sanctions breach.
- Prepare and submit internal suspicious activity/transactions reports (SARs/STRs) to AMLCO.
- Maintain customers’ data and information on databases and ensure immediate update of relevant customers’ related records.
- Timely communication to the Company’s employees’ applicable requirements.
- Perform other tasks to achieve the objectives as assigned by the Head of AML Operations.
- Collaborate with other employees and representatives of the Company.
- Create, store, and maintain customers’ files.
- Ensure identification and due diligence of customers and fulfilment of KYC provisions.
- Check and verify documents and information required for identification and due diligence of customers and verification of their rights.
- Perform ongoing screening of existing clients.
- Implement and perform the AML/CTF related regulatory and statutory requirements, including the requirements of the Central Bank of Cyprus and the best standards and practices, within the Company.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Academic degree – Business, Risk, Finance or similar.
- Experience under the regulation of the Central Bank of Cyprus is a very strong advantage.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role and industry.
- Experience in AML is a strong advantage.
- AML certification or willingness to get one soon is advantageous.
- Rational thinking, attention to details, written communication, and negotiation skills.
- Working proficiency in English is a must, formal writing skills are preferred.
What we Offer:
- Provident Fund
- A corporate car after probation
- Bonus system based on performance
- Referral Bonus
- Unlimited daily snacks and coffee
- Contribution towards lunch
- Attractive remuneration package
- Regular corporate events and activities
- Regular seminars, training and workshops
- Free Parking
- Greek Lessons
- Discounts on payabl. name
- Half working day on your Birthday
- Vibrant, professional, and multicultural team