2D Animator (Animate+Spine)
- Full time
- Limassol, Cyprus
- @Nexters posted 1 month ago
- Posted : 27/10/2023 -Accepting applications
Job ID 13970
Career Level Junior
Experience 2 Years +
Back to all jobs 2D Animator (Animate+Spine)
Project: Hero Wars Dominion Era
Nexters is an international game development company that strives to introduce the joy of core gaming experiences to casual players. In 2021 we went public and listed on the NASDAQ (GDEV). Nexters is part of the GDEV holding, which includes not only Nexters, but also Cubic Games, Dragon Machines, Royal Ark, Game Gears, and RJ Games studios. Our people work worldwide from offices in Cyprus, Armenia, and Kazakhstan or remotely. We want brilliant professionals that love building great games in a team with one of the best cultures.
About Your Role
We want to strengthen the Hero Wars Dominion Era team with an experienced 2D Animator who will create character, object, and UI animations. We are looking for a colleague who is ready to complement our strong team of animators. You will have a variety of tasks, being able to bring our flagship heroes and objects to life and define their character and dynamics.
Only candidates with portfolios will be considered.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Creating 2D animations in Animate and Spine (characters, objects, UI)
- Collaborating with a team of artists, developers, and game designers
We hope that you
- Have proficiency in Animate (main tool) and Spine
- Know and can apply the 12 principles of animation
- Have basic skills in Photoshop
- Have experience working as a 2D animator in the gamedev
- Can receive critical feedback, eager to learn and grow
- Can work in a team
Nice to have
- Knowledge of pipeline for developing effects in Animate (overlay)
- Unity knowledge
- Basic art education and the skill to create hand-drawn animations
What We Offer
- Healthcare Medical care program (including dental service) or medical care compensation are available for you wherever you wish to work. The medical care program is also available for your family members if you choose to work from our official locations – Cyprus, Armenia, and Kazakhstan.
- Work, life, and balance We offer a fair amount of paid vacation days and sick leave. You can work at one of our comfortable offices in official locations or from home.
- Sports You can choose various sports activities like yoga, football, and volleyball in our official locations.
- Relocation support A relocation package is available for you if you decide to join us in one of our official locations.
- Skills improvement Let’s learn languages: you can visit online English language courses. Greek and Armenian language lessons are available for everyone who works in Cyprus or Armenia. Our company encourages people of Nexters to take part in game jams, hackathons, and relevant conferences and meetups as expert speakers.
- Events Our events are legendary – ask anyone who already works at Nexters. There are strategic sessions, workshops, parties, contests, and other activities every year.
- Community & ESG We are proud of our local communities and support employees’ social initiatives. Dream big, act big: Nexters contribute to gaming’s positive impact on the world, hold a sustainability strategy, and take part in charity projects all over the world.