Job ID 11435
Career Level MiddleSenior
Experience 5 Years +
Academic Level Masters
KPMG is looking to hire a Shanghai-Manager, OGC,Legal Counsel Tech.
- Review, advise and draft a variety of complex technology services contracts (including but not limited to software license agreements, system implementation agreements, maintenance agreements, SaaS agreements, trial agreements, professional services agreements, cloud agreements, and data license agreements) and corresponding documents for clients and third parties (including suppliers and subcontractors), with elements of policy compliance, business objective achievement, etc.
- Prepare and formulate legal document templates relating to technology services matters.
- Negotiate contracts with external parties according to Firm’s Policy.
- Act as the contracting focal point in Chinese Mainland technology services deals.
- Work with business personnel to identify and analyze legal issues associated with technologies;
- Coordinate with other departments and specialists regarding risk management, privacy, litigation, compliance, information security, data governance and technology development.
- Advise internal clients on technology related legal issues, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, Cybersecurity Law, Data Security Law, PIPL, GDPR, cloud services and open source software.
- Prepare training materials and conduct trainings to various audience on technology related legal topics.
- Manage and implement various projects to cope with the growth of the Firm’s technology business and policy requirements.
- Monitor ongoing legislation development and advise the implementation of policies to address new regulatory requirements in Chinese Mainland in relation to technology matters.
- Liaises with external law firms, on behalf of the relevant function, to obtain legal advice where needed.
- As the secondary role to give support to the Corporate subunit of the OGC (one of three subunits of OGC) from time to time on their provision of legal support and contract review, including advise on all non-client-related issues such as procurement, marketing, infrastructure.
- As the secondary role to give support to the Practice Protection subunit of the OGC (one of three subunits of OGC) from time to time on their management of regulatory investigations and compliance matters include handling of claims, circumstances, questions from regulatory authorities and practice matters and their liaisons with regulatory authorities, professional firms and statutory compliance functions.
- At least 5 years’ qualified lawyer in Chinese Mainland, and education in common law jurisdictions is a plus but not a must.
- Proven ability to communicate with various functions and across grades and strong ability of problem solving, advocacy and negotiation.
- MNC TNT in-house lawyer experience (in particular software developer and/or IT services provider) preferred.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Independent, efficient, possess strong analytical skills and ability to speak extemporaneously.
- Possess effective communication skills and strong commercial sense for purpose of providing practical and sensible advice to internal clients, vendors, senior leadership and team.
- Strong ability to think strategically and laterally.
- Candidates with computer science or similar background is an advantage.