Experience 8 Years +
TheSoul Publishing is looking for a Senior Business Partner – Internal Controls and Compliance.
The mission of the Senior Business Partner role is to provide senior financial leadership by developing and enhancing the group internal control framework and supporting the CFO and the wider leadership team. The role will also be responsible for group compliance including taxation management across all group entities. Expertise is also sought on IFRS reporting to enhance group technical reporting capabilities.
- To develop a best in class Internal Control framework which is applied to all group entities. The ability to work at pace within a fast paced environment is absolutely essential and to manage opportunities and risk to facilitate hyper growth is fundamental.
- To develop a group compliance schedule and ensure all current local laws are adhered to across all group entities. This also includes highlighting potential future changes and ensuring the business is compliant with new legislation.
- To ensure all financial statements are compliant with IFRS standards and to review all current accounting policies on a regular basis to ensure relevance and accuracy of reporting. Reviewing month-end reported numbers and to ensure all controls and reporting standards have been followed. To aid the efficiency in the reporting cycle by implementing new processes and procedures.
- To review all Annual Financial Statements to ensure compliance with IFRS standards and best practice with local auditors. This role will also be tasked with finding audit efficiencies in the interim and final audit timetable and execution of year-end financial statements.
- To ensure taxation compliance across all group entities and ensuring compliance with the global Transfer Pricing strategy.
- To provide senior financial management expertise to group projects.
- You are a qualified accountant, ACA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification experience.
- Significant proven IFRS financial reporting experience including consolidated accounts in a hyper growth environment, ideally with global exposure.
- Audit experience is essential and ability to implement best-in-class internal controls across all group entities.
- Experience in building a global compliance schedule across all group entities.
- Experience in the technology / media sector is highly desirable.
- Exposure to international tax management including Transfer Pricing.
- Outstanding and proven leadership and influencing skills.
- Credibility, initiative and personal drive.
- Highly analytical & well-organised to execute multiple projects.
- High level of emotional intelligence.