Job ID 11471
Career Level Mangement
Experience 8 Years +
Academic Level Bachelor
GRS is looking to hire a Operations Manager.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of farm operation and plant employees as well as contract labor.
- Mentor for next generation of farm employees.
- Liaison between farm operations, business office and management.
- Lead special projects.
- Improve efficiency across operation, increase income/profitability and decrease expenses.
- Be a positive spokesperson and representative of our company in the community.
- Inspect to determine, condition, detect disease and insect issues. Direct operations such as planning, cultivating, and harvesting.
- Monitor activities such as chemical applications and harvesting to ensure adherence to safety regulations and industry/company standards.
- Participates in key decision making for company as related to farming and operations.
- Operate standard farm equipment.
- Maintain paper and/or electronic files.
- Adhere to and follows all safety procedures in accordance with training and reports any dangerous conditions to management immediately.
- Performs maintenance and repairs on all farm equipment as needed such as troubleshooting malfunctions and completing minor/major repairs.
- Maintains an updated and accurate maintenance/repair log on all machines for reference purposes.
- Maintains financial, operational, production and employment records for farm operations as requested.
- Attend and participate in company meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in engineering, agriculture, biology, business management or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a senior or management role in a technology, agriculture, or engineering company, preferably startups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in managing/supervising people.
- Excellent English communication and writing skills.
- Ability to travel for business several times a year for up to two weeks at a time.
- Clean background check and a clean presentable professional appearance, no visible tattoos etc.
- Preferred but not mandatory- experience in writing business plans, experience with robotics, or software development, or food science.
- Highly advantageous experience with insect farming.