Our client is a registered law firm with offices in Nicosia and particular focus in all areas of Business Law and Technology.
We are now looking for a high calibre, career driven individual to join the firm’s Corporate and Commercial Law Department.
The successful candidate will assume the position of Senior Associate at the firm and will be mainly responsible for supervising a team of lawyers and other members of staff providing corporate administration services to their associated business partner and Corporate Service Provider, and its client portfolio of approximately 300 corporate entities.
This is an excellent opportunity to take up a leading role in a dedicated and rapidly growing legal team.
- Hands on management of a corporate team of 6 persons, consisting of: 3 Cyprus qualified lawyers, 1 experienced corporate services administrator, and 2 junior corporate administrators;
- Drafting and reviewing corporate legal documents including Memorandum and Articles of Association, resolutions, minutes, share certificates, Powers of Attorney, etc;
- Drafting and reviewing corporate and commercial agreements, including Shareholders Agreements, Director’s Service Agreements, Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements, JV Agreements, Employment Agreements, Sale and Purchase of Property Agreements, Lease agreements, etc;
- Handling complex corporate transactions, reorganisations and restructurings, including re-domiciliation of companies, Mergers and Acquisitions, banking and finance transactions, etc
- Onboarding clients and ensuring compliance with AML/KYC requirements and procedures;
- Liaising with clients and maintaining strong client relations;
- Providing high quality legal advice and handling of legal issues pertaining to the firm’s clients;
- Liaising with leading international law firms who regularly engage the firm for corporate and commercial legal matters;
- Attending meetings with clients, in Cyprus and abroad.
Required Skills & Experience
- Qualified Cyprus lawyer;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role, with sufficient exposure in all areas mentioned above (knowledge of Cyprus tax will be considered a strong advantage);
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Good knowledge of Compliance procedures;
- Experience with Cyprus IBCs is essential;
- Strong track record managing legal and non-legal staff;
- Excellent knowledge of Cyprus Companies Law and practical procedures;
- Experience in dealing with Registrar of Companies matters;
- Experience in dealing with Corporate litigation matters (Court applications, procedures, etc);
- Excellent knowledge of the English and Greek languages is essential;
Remuneration & Benefits
- Annual Salary €30,000 – €36,000 Gross based on skills & experience
- Annual Bonus
- Private medical Insurance