Career Level Junior
Experience 2 Years +
Academic Level Bachelor
Harris Kyriakides is looking to recruit a qualified Junior lawyer with Corporate Litigation experience to join our office at Larnaca or Nicosia. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and diverse team of experienced lawyers, which offers exposure to complex and multi-jurisdictional matters.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will work on a full time basis as part of a team of lawyers handling matters within the area of expertise of the relevant department in which you will be placed. You will report to a Senior Associateor to a Partnerof the relevant department.
- You will offer the whole scope of legal services to our clients with a particular focus on Corporate Dispute Resolutionand emphasis on corporate and commercial sectors.
- You will be involved with our Corporate Dispute Resolution practice and advise our international and Cyprus clients on EU and Cyprus law matters.
- You will draft legal advice and pleadings and you will also draft, review and negotiate transactional documentation, corporate and commercial agreements/documentsand other contractual documentation for our clients.
- You will be undertaking legal research.
- You willbe representing clients before Courts and other public authorities and attending meetings with clients.
- You will be assisting on the efficient management of workflow of the team.
- You will develop skills as an attorney and as a strategic business advisor.
- We do not set any upper or lower limit of post qualified experience (PQE) for any of our vacancies. We are however giving an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. For this position, candidates who have at least two years of experience are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role.
You will need the following:
- Law Degree from a reputable law school in the EU.
- [Master’s degree in law from a top tier UK or Greek University].
- Stellar academic record.
- Lawyer qualification from the Cyprus Bar Association.
- Excellent technical legal language skills and verbal and written communication skills in Greek and English.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and excellent computer literacy.
- Strong team orientation, ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage multiple deadlines in a busy and demanding work environment.
- Accurate, reliable, creative, well organised and proactive.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity, responsibility and professionalism.