EPIC is currently recruiting for an IP Networks Expert to join the EPIC Network team. The successful selected candidate will be responsible for the design, deployment, support and dimensioning of a cost optimized, reliable and high-performance IP Network according to the EPIC overall strategic targets.
The engineer will participate in network projects (IP RAN, FTTH, IPv6 and many more) using the latest cutting-edge technologies that will boost its career path.
- Design, deploy, support and dimension (hardware and software) of any related Layer 2 and Layer 3 Network in EPIC’s Infrastructure. This includes the ISP Backbone Network, the Mobile Network, the xDSL and FTTH Networks and the Enterprise Network Infrastructure.
- Internal and External Customer Support.
- Design, deploy and support the Firewalls Security Network.
- Assists Sales Team during presales visits to corporate customers and designs, deploy and support the solutions to meet customer’s requirements.
- Designs, deploys and dimensions the intra- and inter-connectivity with other networks elements of the network (e.g. BSC, RNC, MSS, MGW, UGW, DSLAM, MSAN, BRAS, DBs).
- Participate in technical meetings with other departments
- Orders hardware, features, functionalities and software releases for the IP Networks and NMS Systems.
- Generates performance and optimization reports for the IP Networks.
- Analyses overall network impact of any proposed configuration changes.
- Studies new technologies and proposes improvements in the IP Networks and NMS Systems.
- Documents network configurations and corporate solutions, maintaining an updated library with the configurations of the network.
- Be a part of an on-call support scheme for critical incidents
Desired Areas of Experience/Knowledge and Competencies:
- Postgraduate degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering or Computer Science, preferably with a specialization in Telecommunications or Networks
- Working experience preferably on Huawei, Juniper and Cisco equipment
- Working experience with layer-2 Ethernet technologies
- Working experience with IP/MPLS architectures as well as technologies and protocols like BGP, RSVP, LDP, OSPF, IS-IS, L2VPN, L3VPN, VPLS, Circuit Emulation, QoS/CoS, Traffic Engineering, IPv6 etc)
- Working experience with Dynamic Subscriber Management, RADIUS protocol, PPPoE and DHCP
- Working experience with Firewalls and familiarity with IPsec and VPNs
- Working experience with Load Balancers is a plus
- Knowledge of Mobile Networks and xDSL/FTTH Network architectures and communication flows
- Troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Good knowledge of IPv6 will be considered as an advantage
- Good knowledge of Unix or Linux is a plus
- Familiarity with Network Monitoring Systems, SNMP agents, statistical monitoring and analysis
- Network Certifications will be considered as an advantage
- Hardworking, focused, thorough, punctual, and proficient at multitasking
- Ability to provide written and verbal presentations on technical topics to corporate peers and management
- Able to work independently or within a team environment, with minimum instruction from management
- Proficiency in English language