Job ID 10270
Career Level Executive
Experience 5 Years +
Academic Level Doctorate
FP Markets is looking to hire a Head of Legal & Global Compliance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for a global compliance team including a number of regulatory licenses across multiple time zones and ensuring robust and effective compliance controls within the Company.
- Managing, assessing and ongoing monitoring of the compliance of the Company with all applicable regulatory and legislative provisions.
- Managing day-to day operations of the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing (‘AML/CTF’) function, including regular monitoring and assessment of the effective implementation of the internal AML/CTF policies and procedures.
- Design and present training/educational material for staff of the Company in line with relevant regulatory rules to the relevant jurisdictions
- Drafting and/or updating the company’s policies and procedures and its governing documents to remain abreast of regulatory changes.
- Assisting in obtaining new licenses in other jurisdictions.
- Research and provide efficient information on other regulators.
- Collaborate with other departments to create a culture of compliance.
- Managing and monitoring the operations of the complaints-handling process and consider complaints as a source of relevant information in the context of its general monitoring responsibilities.
- Advise and assist the relevant persons responsible for carrying out the investment services in compliance with the relevant legislative framework.
- Draft written reports to the Management Body on at least an annual basis, on the implementation and effectiveness of the overall control environment for investment services and activities, on the risks that have been identified.
- Train and educate the staff of the Company in respect with the compliance function according to the Laws including, where necessary, provision of day-to-day assistance to the staff.
- Communicating Internal Operational Procedures to each employee and notify them of any relevant changes therein that relates to their roles and responsibilities in the Company.
- Degree in law, finance, economics, accounting, business or a related field.
- Compliance background.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role within the financial services field.
- Good understanding of forex and derivative financial products and the global forex regulatory environment.
- Strong knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering).
- Excellent proficiency in spoken and written English essential; other languages will be a strong advantage.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with teams, departments & offices across the organisation.
- Ability to build rapport with employees across the organisation.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, competitive and strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team.
- Proven experience in working to deadlines in projects involving various documents and moving parts that need to be delivered simultaneously.
- Exceptionally well-organised with a close attention to detail.
- The company offers an excellent remuneration package, continuous personal development and a friendly working environment.
- Relocation package to Cyprus and visa support, if required