Our client based in Nicosia, are a very well established firm of Accountants & Business Consultants.
We are seeking to recruit on their behalf a Senior Manager with a background of Regulatory or legal experience within a similar corporate environment. An ACA/ACCA qualification or LLB will be considered an added advantage.
Supervising and coordinating all AML, client onboarding, regulatory compliance and risk management procedures. Performing in-house company procedures, and policies. Supervising inhouse staff and client engagements. Undertaking in-house and client training.
- Responsible for the AML function and Compliance Services of the firm
- Completing client onboarding
- Responsible for the Governance & Risk Management primarily to Credit Institutions, Investment Firms and Funds.
- Development of Policies and Procedures
- Preparation of regulatory, risk and compliance reports, as well as operational manuals, for multiple clients mainly in the financial industry.
- Prepare and ensure adherence to all non-disclosure agreements of the firm
- Liaise with clients, including general project management and managing responses to technical project-related queries from clients.
- Effectively manage and motivate the GRC team. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching and foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business.
- Assist with cultivating and managing business development opportunities. Understand Nexia Poyiadjis and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all Nexia Poyiadjis practices to serve client needs.
- Assist in the expansion of the firm and any other external or internal projects.
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of similar professional experience
- Graduate degree.
- Regulatory or legal experience within a similar corporate environment.
- An ACA/ACCA qualification or LLB will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) knowledge.
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess in depth business acumen. Remain current on new developments in global compliance services and industry knowledge.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities whilst managing others.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both Greek and English. Any other language knowledge will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent report writing skills.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Excellent salary
- Performance related Bonus
- Provident fund
- Medical & Life insurance (partly subsidized)
- Friday afternoons off
- Subsidized parking