Job ID 11587
Career Level Executive
Experience 2 Years +
Academic Level Bachelor
Emerald Zebra is looking to hire a General Manager, Software Development Company, HQ.
- Report to the Board on the company performance and compliance in all key areas (e.g. product, technical strategies, software development and general management etc.)
- Translate market and product decisions and input from the Board to product and technical strategies, evaluate and design the strategies of the company and their different business lines with an analytical mind as well as having a good understanding of industry trends including cloud technology, database structures, internet of things, etc. to ensure that the company can secure a position as a top-level software development company.
- Oversee all aspects of the product portfolio incl. design and development of new products or features and curate an appropriate vision in alignment with the business strategy together with the product managers (including research and prototyping).
- Align product and technical strategies with business goals, operate across the organizational units and technology teams to drive a common vision and harmonized approach, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutions within time and budget. Implement, execute and monitor the actions, report back to the Board
- Present and promote the companys strategies and vision to the Board, employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Manage systems security and data protection
- Oversee software development, product management and administrative staff
- Keep updated on the latest market and technology development as well as expected future trends, make sure the companys strategies are aligned and positioned to gain competitive advantages from new technologies.
- Organise and lead the organisation to achieve high performance, quality work output steered by KPI dashboards
- Lead by example and in alignment with the culture & core values of the company
- Oversee recruitment processes, make sure new employees are a good fit for the companys needs and values
- Communicate with clients and manage clients expectations
- Communicate with auditors and regulators when needed
- Manage suppliers both domestic and foreign
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations (with the assistance of administrative staff)
Knowledge & Qualifications/experience Required
- BSc in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Experienced in analyzing business and customer needs directly or together with product management
- A strong understanding of software development
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a similar role
- Familiar in software development process
- Experienced in achieving operational excellence while facing rapid growth of users, data end customers
- Being able to know how to manage projects, do work-break-down, estimation and resource allocation planning, form new teams etc. when new initiatives come along and must be prepared and scheduled
- Experience in understanding and seeking alignment with business goals, operating across organizational units and technology teams to drive a common vision and harmonized approaches, delivering sustainable, agile, and re-usable solutions
- Proven track record on managing successfully bigger teams/projects or companies > 25 employees