Job ID 11503
Experience 2 Years +
Academic Level MastersDoctorate
GRS Recruitment is looking to hire a Entomologist.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and conduct experimental studies with insects in controlled or natural surroundings.
- Collect and analyze biological data and specimens.
- Study the characteristics of insects, including interactions with other species and their environment, reproduction, population dynamics, diseases, and movement patterns.
- Research, initiate, and maintain breeding programs for insects.
- Estimate, monitor, and manage insect populations.
- Write research papers, reports, and scholarly articles that explain findings.
- Masters or PhD in entomology, high marks.
- Research experience in entomology.
- Excellent English skills.
- Comfort with insects: you must be willing to handle them and their byproducts.
- Observation skills: The field often requires observing and noting details about insects’ behavior, appearance, and environment.
- Communication skills: They must be able to explain their findings in writing and verbally to academics, students, policymakers, and other stakeholders, depending on the exact job.
- Critical thinking skills: Entomologists must be able to draw conclusions from data collected from research, observation, and experiments.